Monday 23 December 2013

My previous horses

Arctic

16.1hh bay gelding ID x TB born 1978

I started sharing Arctic in 1992, and we did a few local shows but mainly happy hacking. We did manage a local one day event, where we came 1st in the class and overall, and won the dressage. However, my lack of streering led to mixed results in the 3 showjumping classes we did, where we placed 2nd once, but got eliminated twice for jumping the wrong course. I gave up riding in 1995 when I went to university. I saw Arctic again years later, still out happy hacking.









Oscar

15.1hh bay gelding cob born 1992

I started sharing Oscar in 2001, I only hacked out on him weekly, and he frequently terrified me by spooking at everything and running off with me. However, no-one else seemed to have this problem with him. Sadly he sustained an injury in the field in July 2003, and had to be put down 8 months later.











No comments:

Post a Comment