Saturday 27 December 2014

Chessington 20

5th August 2010
Chessington Equestrian Centre, Chessington

Back in Steve's group lesson for the second time, and I was a little dismayed to learn it would be just me and three of the girls that own/share/help at the yard. Not because I didn't want to ride with 'kids' but because they're all so much better than me and I didn't want to be the one holding everyone back!

But it was fine. I was on the lovely Tom again, and this time there were no spooks. Whatever had got into him last week had gone out of his system. This lesson was much the same as the last one I did, with most of the lesson without stirrups doing the reverse half-circle, incline and circles individually in trot, with the rest trotting large and circling.

It was actually quite good as I knew what I should be doing, and Steve was able to notice the improvement since two weeks ago, of which apparently there was a lot. The shapes were a lot better, I was getting more bend on the circles, and was going straighter on the inclines, plus Tom was going nicely and I had a couple of lovely trot canter transitions.

Went over a few cross poles at the end, and I got Tom going much better than last week, and we didn't crash through them this time. Well, only the once. I then got to sort Tom out myself, untacking, hosing down and putting his sheet on, and had a little cuddle 

I'm really liking this horse, and asked Leon about sharing him. Leon must hate me, as every time I see him I ask about sharing/buying, but apparently this time it may be a yes, even though they don't usually have sharers for the bigger horses. We'll see.

Even if it's a 'no', I've been on him every time since he came back from holiday, so I'll be happy either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment